Secondary Completion Program
July 4-August 8 (Monday to Friday)
8:00 a.m. to 11:35 a.m. / 12:20 p.m. to 3:55 p.m. (unless otherwise specified)
- Course Information - This program is intended for students who have not yet graduated and are under age 19 on July 1, 2018 of this year and:
- Wish to obtain a credit toward secondary completion
- Wish to improve their mark or who have never taken the subject and wish the opportunity to complete a course during the summer.
- Textbook Deposit - A $100 textbook deposit is to be paid at registration. This textbook deposit will be refunded at the end of August upon the return of all outstanding textbook(s) in good condition on the last day of class.
- Workbook Deposit - Some courses require students to pay for a workbook deposit ranging from $20 to $50. This deposit will be refunded if the workbook has not been written in and returned in good condition. This workbook deposit will be collected and refunded at the student's summer school site. If the student chooses to write in the workbook, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Permission/Pre-requisite - Students must have successfully completed any pre-requisite course(s) for the course in which they wish to register. NOTE: Students with the appropriate pre-requisite do not require a letter of permission to take completion courses. Students in ELL transitional courses who wish to take a Secondary Completion course must present a Letter of Permission from their Home School Principal. Grade 12 students who do not meet graduation requirements must present at registration a Letter of Permission from their Home School Principal. Letter of Permission must be presented to the teacher on the first day of class.
- Evaluation/Mark - Final exams will be written on the last day of class except for provincially examinable courses. See Provincial Exam Schedule below. Final exams are weighted at 20% of the final mark. Students who do not write the exams will be given a mark of zero and this will be calculated into the final mark.
- Provincial Exam - Students who registered in a provincially examinable course MUST present a photo ID at the examination centre prior to writing the exam.
- Provincial Exam Schedule:
|Thursday, August 2
||9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
|Friday, August 3
||9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Registration Closing Date - Registration for Secondary Completion programs will close Friday, July 6, 2018.