Secondary Remedial Program
July 9-August 3 (Monday to Friday)
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. / 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (unless otherwise specified)
- Course Information - The objective of this program is to provide those students who completed a course during the regular school year but were not successful or received a low 'Pass' an opportunity to improve to a maximum of 63%. All assignments must be completed and attendance must be satisfactory.
- Textbook Deposit - A $100 textbook deposit is to be paid at registration. This textbook deposit will be refunded at the end of August upon the return of all outstanding textbook(s) in good condition on the last day of class.
- Workbook Deposit - Some courses require students to pay for a workbook deposit ranging from $20 to $50. This deposit will be refunded if the workbook has not been written in and returned in good condition. This workbook deposit will be collected and refunded at the student's summer school site. If the student chooses to write in the workbook, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Permission/Pre-requisite - Students must have taken the course(s) previously. If a student’s Home School report card states “Remedial summer school denied” for a specific course, the student will not be permitted to take that course in the Remedial Program, but may take the Secondary Completion course. For Remedial courses, the home school reserves the right to determine if the Summer school mark will be accepted.
- Evaluation/Mark - Final exams will be written on the last day of class and are weighted at 20% of the final mark. Students who do not write the exams will be given a mark of zero and this will be calculated into the final mark. Final Results for Remedial Courses will be as follows: The maximum achievable mark for these courses is 63%. For students whose results are 0% to 63%, the actual mark will be shown on the report card. Marks of 64% or above will be shown as 63%.
- Registration Closing Date - Registration for Secondary Remedial programs will close Friday, July 6, 2018.